Cinnamon is a common Indian spice that is used to add aroma and flavor to spice up hot beverages and even sweet dishes. In fact, cinnamon is also great for our health. It offers a slew of health benefits besides being a flavored spice. You might not know that it is a rich source of fiber and contains an adequate amount of potassium. Plus, cinnamon is also one of the most iron-rich foods. According to health experts, cinnamon should be added in our daily diet because of its myriads of health benefits.
How to Make the Best Use of Cinnamon for Effective Results?
Add a teaspoon of cinnamon in your juice, coffee, or smoothies. Mix it with a teaspoon of honey and drink the mixture every morning. Although the spice is safe to use for everyone, one should avoid it if they’re allergic to such spice, especially if it cause reaction to the skin. Also, women who are expecting their baby and children under the age of 6 should not use it too, as should liver and Crohn’s disease sufferers.
How is Cinnamon Beneficial for Health?
The top health benefits of cinnamon include:
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Improves digestion and eases digestive problems
- Stops cancer cell proliferation;
- Improves blood circulation and posses an anticoagulant effect
- Lowers tissue damage in the body and revives it.
- Prevents bacterial, viral infections and even bacterial growth.
- Can relieve the symptoms of arthritis;
- Boosts the functioning of numerous organs
- Prevents heart disease.
So, a teaspoon of cinnamon in your morning regime can add spice to your life making it healthier and refreshing!