Turmeric powder is a bright yellow powder made by the dry grinding of mature turmeric rhizomes (underground stems). This spice has almost no calories and zero cholesterol. It is rich in dietary fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6.Turmeric is naturally anti-inflammatory, anti-parasitic, anti-bacterial, and anti-septic. It nourishes healthy cells and interferes with the functioning of inflammatory enzymes.
The following recipe combines the flavors of turmeric and ginger with coconut milk. The sweet and subtle spicy flavor makes it one of my favorite soups. It is very easy to prepare and ready in around 15 minutes. This is an excellent way to add turmeric to your diet.
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
small piece of ginger, chopped
½ cup coconut milk
1 cup water
1 teaspoon oil
½ cup cabbage, chopped
¼ cup kale, chopped
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan; add cabbage, ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and boil for 5 minutes until cabbage is soft.
- Add salt, turmeric and coconut milk and let is simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve hot, garnish with chopped kale leaves.
- You may add pepper if you need a change in taste.